Tuesday 30 November 2010

Snow - The controversy!!



My blog is becoming a bit "Theme of the day" with birthdays and Thanksgiving and now snow. Can't be helped I suppose, these are the things on my brain.

Snow!! It has the country divided worse than any controversial politics ever could, even more than X-Factor for God's sake!! It's fecking up peoples travel plans, making the commute even more unbearable and so slow, causing falling over (snigger) and all sorts of other horrendous things. Ah stop yer moaning the lot of ye!! It's great!! I love it!! I love the look of it, the smell of it, the crunch underfoot. I love watching it fall, checking out the window every 5 minutes to see if there's more.

Yes, I am 5 years old at heart!! I realise half the country's at a standstill, I know old people are cold and lonely. I appreciate how awful it must be to get stranded somewhere or worse, stuck in the house!! I just can't bring myself to hate it, even a little, despite all these things. Just look at it, it's so pretty!! The pile of junk in my unfinished back garden is now covered in a layer of loveliness. The utter embarrassment that is my front garden (also unfinished) now looks like a picture postcard. I love looking out at all the poor yeti's trudging down the road.

It's Gnorman!! Courtesy of the very talented Laura Nagle, see more of her work at www.flickr.com/lauranagle and love her on facebook, just search for Laura Nagle Photography


Here is my advice for all the moany moos, for what it's worth. Look inside, past mortgages, deadlines, work and driving. Somewhere in there there's a bit of you that used to wake up with the purest of joy to see everything covered in white. You used to beg your mum to wrap you up and let you at it. That bit of you is still in there somewhere. Put on your hat and gloves and go out and make a snowman, or a snow willy if you want to be more grown up ;) Laugh and run about like a loon, it's good for you!!




4 comments:

  1. Snow my goodness....I couldn't agree more.
    If you're all flurried up with snowhere to go, get out and have some fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's snow arguing with that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hadn't read this when I wrote mine, funny.. the most of me loves the snow, the hate is mild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Shiny, great minds and all that!! :)

    ReplyDelete