Thursday 3 February 2011

Pretty Little Things

I love the internet!! I've been enraptured by it since the days of running down to the local net cafe to download a game on to a floppy disk to bring home and play on my 486. I love how it's grown, I am delighted it has been adopted by almost everyone, for almost everything. It makes the world feel smaller, more cosy. The opportunities are endless. I thought every now and then I'd share my personal favourite bits of it, for your perusal. So here are a lot of links:

My theme of the day is pretty things, in no particular order of brilliance:


I love the way this girl draws, her characters seem to come alive with her pencil strokes. Her whimsical antique theme is so attractive to me. I have met her and she is just as lovely as her art suggests. Find her on Facebook and give her a "like"


I discovered this site years ago. The games are great fun and rather addictive but that's not what sets it apart from any other game site. It's the beauty of it all, the art, the music, the sweetness. When you play the games you find yourself relaxing, sinking into the chair, it's lovely.


I only discovered this last week. I love the innocence of it, the art is just so, well, pretty, which makes it fit perfectly in this list.


I may be slightly biased here but if I was doing these in any order this would be number 1. Laura has been taking photos since before she could say her R's properly. So much care goes into every picture. She really pours her soul into it and brings out the soul of her subject. I am her biggest fan in every way possible. Find her on Facebook I know you'll "like" her!! She promises she's working on sorting out a website too.


No shop in particular, just the whole thing. A whole collection of pasta pictures and bowls made of lollipop sticks, well maybe not but it's all hand made and that's what makes it special.


Again just in general, I love having a nose about on it. The level of talent just astounds me sometimes.


The most amazing and very beautiful cakes you'll ever see. They're also incredibly delicious, I can attest to this because I got my wedding cake here. Even if you don't need a cake for anything in particular it's fun looking through the pictures, and inspiring in a making you want cake kind of way.The yummy Facebook page can be found here


This my haven, my absolute favourite place in Dublin. We go there a lot while Smarty Pants is at her DCU courses. It is the most peaceful place. Very much worth a visit for anyone who likes a nice stroll.


I have a net nanny on the pc for Smarty Pants, otherwise who knows what she'd be looking at. It doesn't allow Google image searches for obvious boobie related reasons. She loves cute things of all kinds but especially animals. I email her pictures from here all the time. Great for a proper squeeeee!!


I don't know how Marc would feel about his site being added to a list of pretty things. It may not be pretty in the conventional sense but his art has its own beauty, albeit a sort of nerdy beauty!!


A fantastic blog with loads of unusual art, design utilities, inspiring ideas. Another one for having a wander about.


Hilarious and very wise, the illustrations are fantastic, always worth a look. You never know, you might learn something.


As the name suggests this really is a whole heap of relentlessly cheerful art, I defy anyone not to at least break a little grin. Fantastic stuff. 


I'm sure there are plenty more but I think that's enough for today. If you have any to suggest please leave a comment, I love discovering new sites. I hope this fills your afternoon with pretty things, just how it should be on a lovely springy day.



2 comments:

  1. Aw thank you so much! I love the list of pretty things, I'm looking at the James Hance site again, it's been ages.
    Lovely post lady. I wholeheartedly endorse this event or product ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, would you like to subscribe to my newsletter?? ;)

    ReplyDelete